Monday 8 August 2016

Complicit.

-Stephanie Kuehn

"He hasn't noticed my hands yet. They're completely numb and useless... it can take hours to get feeling back, a whole day even... I shake my head and try to keep breathing. This is not what I needed. Not now." - Taken directly from the book.

This book was nothing like I expected it to be, and I am thankful. Every time that I thought that I was finally getting a handle on the mystery within the story, I was thrown for a loop.

I loved the complicity of Jamie and Cate's relationship, and how their interactions throughout the novel brought sibling rivalry to a whole new level. I loved the versatility of this read and that along with the heavy moments, there were parts that could be laughed at and parts that made you go, "aw" as well as, "oh my god!".

The book flowed in a natural easy to enjoy way and I was engaged and captivated from page one. However, if there were one thing I'd like to change about this read, it'd be the ending. There was no justice, there was no closure, and by the last page, I was left feeling slightly disheartened. That being said, I encourage you all to give this book a try and to keep warm and read. I am certain that you'll find something in this story to fall in love with, and if you don't, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment