Wednesday 31 August 2016

Trials of Apollo; The Hidden Oracle.

-Rick Riordan

"I turned towards my pint-sized saviour. I was no stranger to dangerous women. My sister could rain down arrows of death. My stepmother, Hera, regularly drove mortals mad so that they would hack each other to pieces. But this garbage wielding twelve-year-old made me nervous." -Taken from the book.

Let me begin by saying that I loved the PJO series, simply because I loved Percy. However, when RR decided to mix things up and throw in others perspectives in HoO, I was not a fan. So, going into this read, I was a little apprehensive.

That being said, I'm glad that I did give this series a chance. This book was both hilarious and sobering. There is something most definitely enticing about getting a glance at the inner monologue of a fallen god.

More than that, I enjoyed being able to witness the character development of Apollo, as well as his cheeky sidekick (though, technically, Apollo would be the sidekick in this story), Meg.

Meg was probably, my favourite part of this story, and watching her character grow into its own, was just as enjoyable as watching Apollo become humanized.
All in all, this was a fun read, and I would recommend you all to pick it up and keep warm & read.


No comments:

Post a Comment